Top online blackjack in Kenyan casinos
|Casino||Minimum deposit||Welcome bonus||Blakjack games||Blackjack table providers|
|Helabet||50 KES||100% up to 162 000 KES + 150 free spins||Ultimate Blackjack, Speed Blackjack||Authentic Gaming, N2Live, Bombay Live|
|Cyber.bet||USD 10||100% up to 25 000 KES||Perfect Pairs, American Blackjack, Single-Hand Blackjack pro||Rubyplay, PGsoft, Nolimitcity|
|888Starz.bet||650 KES||100% up to 195 000 KES + 150 free spins||Unlimited Turkish Blackjack, Venice Blackjack, Blackjack Azure||Winfinity, Vivo Gaming, 7 Mojos|
|Bangbet||100 KES||50% up to 10 000 KES||Blackjack Supreme Multihand, Ruby One Blackjack||Pragmatic Play|
|N1Bet||USD 10||100% up to USD 200 + 150 free spins||Bar Blackjack VIP, Ultimate Blackjack||Platipus, Quickfire|
If there is one game that can be called the most widely played casino game, it’s definitely blackjack. This was true for the traditional casinos, which have for decades offered the best blackjack tables, but now the same can be said for online gambling sites – including those in Kenya.
Blackjack is a fairly simple game, but it has a tremendous allure and prestige. For this reason, there are some casino fans who think that playing blackjack requires a world-class skill. It does not, and we will tell you how to play blackjack in online casinos even if you are a complete novice.
Online blackjack has become a regular feature at top legal casinos in Kenya, and there are gambling companies offering dozens of different tables. Our experts will put them under their watchful microscopes and tell you all about best blackjack providers and games.
Of course, there is a skill involved, just like in any card game, which is why we will also provide tips for playing blackjack online, including the most important one – how to choose the best online casino for playing blackjack.
You can see some of our early favourites on our website innovationweek.co.ke, home of the trusted and honest reviews of Kenyan casinos.
What is blackjack and how does blackjack work
We won’t delve too much into history of blackjack, although it is an interesting one indeed. We just want to point out that because of the tradition, there are different names for this game, such as Vingt-Un.
“Vingt-Un” means 21 and this is the magic number that we will be talking about A LOT in this review.
This is because the main, and frankly only goal of blackjack is to get the closest to 21 without going over that number – while managing to have a higher hand than the dealer.
Another important thing to have in mind is that blackjack can only be played against the dealer, or the house. You cannot compete against other players, but thanks to different types of online blackjack tables, you can actually make a profit off them.
Stick around and we’ll tell you how to join the blackjack table, what types of blackjack games there are and where to play it.
Choose the best gambling sites to play blackjack for real money
The best Kenyan casinos have no shortage of blackjack tables. Major domestic and international gambling websites are very aware of this game’s popularity, which means that there are plenty of options in front of a player.
While this is entirely a good thing, it also means that customers should tread carefully when picking a trusted Kenyan casino for real money with blackjack.
In the next chapter, we will explain all about these casinos.
How to find the best casino for blackjack
If you are a blackjack fan, you will find a vast assortment of games at Kenyan casinos. But they tend to be very different, which is why we’ve provided this guide.
- The legality of online casino is a burning issue, and it is like that for a good reason. Only licensed casinos can be trusted with your money, and you can use our website to check whether a casino is safe to play.
- There are some casinos with just a handful of blackjack tables, and there are those with dozens, if not hundreds of them, complete with live dealers and amazing graphics. So the number of tables is what counts, really.
- On the other hand, you won’t be spending your entire free time playing blackjack. This is why a casino of your choice should have various table games, like roulette, or online slot machines that you can play for free or for real money.
- Unlike roulette or online slots, blackjack seldom can be played in demo mode. There are some casinos that offer this option, though, and if not, it’s good if they have a nice guide or are just user friendly.
- While not technically “for free”, playing blackjack with a welcome bonus is a great way to start. On our website we especially rate and compare casinos by their welcome offers, which may or may not include free spins.
- Another thing that we pay close attention to are the payment methods in different casinos. Customers really appreciate when they are able to replenish their account by various means, such as M-Pesa Kenya, other mobile payments or e-wallets like Neteller or Skrill.
- Some of the casinos licensed by the Kenyan government will also accept cryptocurrencies. And when it comes to off-shore casinos, it’s more a rule than an exception!
- A casino might look perfect, but it doesn’t mean it can be called truly the best if it does not have a good customer service.
Top 3 Kenyan casinos for blackjack 2023
We’ve had a hard time picking our favourites here, but you have to start somewhere, right?
So take this with a grain of salt and please roam our website freely to find even better offers for playing blackjack for real money in Kenya.
|Casino brand||License||Welcome bonus||Wagering||Minimum deposit|
|GG.bet||Curacao||100% up to USD 500 + 75 free spins||40x||USD 7|
|PariMatch||Curacao||100% up to 1,500 USD||35x||USD 8|
|Paripesa||Curacao||100% up to 177 500 KES||35x||120 KES|
Are there different types of blackjack games at online casinos?
To give you a quick answer – yes, and it’s only natural when you consider the history of blackjack and how this amazing card game conquered the entire planet, from USA to Japan, from Kenya to UK.
Let’s check the different online blackjack variations and explain why there are worth your time.
|American Blackjack||Considered the most traditional of the bunch, US blackjack uses a single deck and has the lowest house edge, at just 0.5%|
|European Blackjack||Played with two decks with 52 cards each, it has a slightly higher house edge, though there is the “soft 17” rule (more on that later) which favours players a little|
|Perfect Pairs Blackjack||For those looking for even more fun, this variation of blackjack has side bets, where you can bet on the cards that will show up. Very interesting, indeed|
|Multi-Hand Blackjack||A newer variation of the game, it has a spanking sic decks, while still keeping the house edge below 0.5%. In this game, you are allowed to play multiple hands at the same time|
|Spanish 21||If you think you’ve mastered the “classical” blackjack game, perhaps give Spanish 21 blackjack a try. In this game, dealers don’t have 10s in their shoe, which means the blackjacks are harder to come|
|Double ball roulette||Not that popular currently, this table has two balls, so prepare yourself for some larger payouts if both balls land in the same pocket|
|Mini roulette||Fairly similar to European Roulette, there are mini tables here with number from 0 to 12. It makes it even more exciting|
|Live Dealer Blackjack||Thanks to the newer technology, players are now able to enjoy perfect games with live dealers – just like in a real-life casino. You may even chat with other players at some Kenyan casinos!|
Top gaming providers for blackjack at Kenya casino online
Players will certainly appreciate the effort of gambling apps and websites to secure only the best providers for blackjack tables.
We’ve handpicked some of them to show just how exciting can this game be when you pick the best casino online in Kenya and start playing blackjack and other games.
|Game provider||Popular tables||Demo available Yes / No|
|Ezugi||Diamond VIP Blackjack, Blackjack gold, Turkish Blackjack, Mambo Unlimited||No|
|Evolution||Fortune VIP, Speed Blackjack||No|
|Vivo Gaming||Las Vegas Blackjack||No|
|Quickfire||Back Blackjack, Ultimate Blackjack||Yes|
How to play blackjack at casinos: Guide for new players
Yes, it is easy to start playing blackjack and the game doesn’t have that many rules, but that doesn’t mean you should dive head in without considering the necessary steps first.
In order to start playing blackjack for real money, but also for free, in 99 percent of the cases you will need to login to an online casino.
Let’s start there then.
- Visit the website for a trusted online casino and register by following our guide. Check out our review of 22Bet casino to see how that works, for example.
- If a casino allows you to play blackjack for free, you can start immediately. But more often than not, you will need to make your first deposit. Don’t worry, as there will be a rewarding welcome bonus for you.
- Choose the “live casino” or “table games” category and locate a real blackjack game. Consider the software providers, the design, the minimum stake and the looks of the live dealer before you invest your real money.
Basic rules of online blackjack in a casino
Ready? Okay, let’s try to get as close to 21 as we can and win some money – while having fun and learning the rules of blackjack online.
No matter what variation of blackjack you choose, they have the same stipulations and most of the features, so this guide for blackjack should cover you.
- Like we said, the main objective is to beat the dealer either by getting a hand with 21 or being very close to it.
- This means that you can lose by “busting out”, which means getting a number higher than 21. You can also have a number lower than 21, but the dealer might be closer.
- At live dealer blackjack tables, there can be up to seven players, but you are all playing against the dealer. So that guy (or girl) should be your main concern.
- The live dealer waits for the players to place their bets, and then issues cards. Once you have a card in your hand, you can decide whether to Hit or Stand.
- At some blackjack games, there are also options like “Split” or “Double Down”. Don’t worry, we’ve got the glossary coming for you.
- “Hit” means that you ask for an extra card from a dealer. “Stand” is for when you are satisfied with your hand. You can “Hit” as many times as you like… until you go Bust, that is.
- The dealer will end the round when every player has decided to Stand. He will reveal their facedown cards so everyone can see who is closer to that great number 21.
- Always keep in mind the value of the cards: the pip-cards are worth their shown value, while face cards are worth 10.
- The Ace, meanwhile, can be worth 11 if the sum of the cards is lower than 10, and 1 if the total sum of your hand is higher than 10.
Additional rules and blackjack terminology for gambling
If you feel slightly overcome by those new words, don’t sweat it. Here is the glossary of blackjack and the explanations of the options that a player can have.
|Blackjack moves and phrases||Feature and explanation|
|Hit||Ask for another card from the dealer in order to get close to 21. Always a bit of a risk|
|Stand||Stick with your hand and wait for other players’ moves before dealer and other players reveal their cards|
|Split||You can turn your single hand into two separate hands. Perfect if you’ve been dealt a hand with some equal value cards|
|Double Down||Double your wager during the round. The con of this option is that you will receive just one further card|
|Surrender||You can leave the round as soon as you receive your hand, and you’ll get half of your stake back|
|Blackjack (natural)||Congratulations! You’ve got a hand with 21 from the dealer. It’s an automatic win|
|Insurance||When the dealer shows the Ace as his first card, you can bet half your stake that the dealer will have a blackjack with his second card|
Tips and tricks for playing blackjack
While no one can guarantee a winning hand in blackjack, our experts did want to tell you a bit about some major strategies for playing blackjack in casinos.
By all means, don’t fall for the websites claiming that blackjack is rigged, or those that use the social media to spread lies and misinformation about blackjack games with live dealers.
All of these games are provably fair and depend on the luck only. But this being a traditional card game, you can also get better at blackjack and increase your chances of winning real money by following few simple tips.
- Don’t play blackjack just anywhere. Where you have your game matters, which is why you should always pick the best online casinos for real money. The leading ones will also provide added fun by having sports betting with bonus and cashout, so check those out, too, on our website.
- Try out different blackjack variations before settling on one. There are different variations in accordance to your experience, and seeing as you can use small wagers, it is best to test them all.
- Manage your bankroll account. Carefully plan your budget for gaming and don’t overstep it, no matter how “in the zone” you think you are.
- Find casinos with demo blackjack to hone your skills before you invest any shillings (or bitcoins, for that matter).
- Keep your focus. Blackjack is a quick game, and it is also the one that you shouldn’t enter half-heartedly. Dedicate yourself and follow the cards.
Strategies for winning blackjack
While not that mind-boggling like roulette, for example there are still plenty of tips for blackjack online that you can use to increase your winning chances.
- Some of the cards, like Aces, have a special value in blackjack, so it is really important to understand card values before you continue.
- Play it safe. The best way to do so is not to bet too much of your stack in a single hand. It is reckless and it will make your game run a bit too short.
- Keep to your strategy once you decide on it. One of the most popular strategies is Martingale, where you double your bets whenever you lose, or d’Alembert, where you raise the stake by a single unit (for example, 100 KES) until you have a winning hand.
Pros and cons of online blackjack
Even though the whole world is now online, there are still some people claiming that online blackjack does not hold a candle to offline, i.e. blackjack in real life casinos. Some will even try to tell you that online blackjack is a scam.
Of course, it is not, but we still feel we owe you a table of positive and negative features of playing blackjack online.
|Playing blackjack online||Playing blackjack at real-life casino|
|If you have an internet connection or a mobile phone, you can play online blackjack. Yes, it is that convenient||Some people will think that a lack of social interaction is perhaps what makes online game half the fun|
|It is much faster than the “offline” counterpart, and you can play many hands in what a little time you have||We cannot argue that having those chips in hands is a nice feeling. But we’d rather have some money in our online account, to be honest|
|Use the welcome bonus offer of an online casino to start playing best games, including blackjack or roulette||Some of the welcome bonuses have a high wagering requirement, especially for table games|
|With many different tables, players can find a casino provider with favourable rules or a lower house edge||All the other players might distract you – and thus make you lose your hand|
|Practice as much as you like with smaller stakes||You can’t really expect to enter a brick-and-mortar casino with just 100 KES in your pockets now, can you?|
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions About blackjack Kenya
Yes. This amazing card game has been around for a couple of centuries, and the advancement of gambling sites assured that it remained legal in Kenya – if you visit licensed Kenyan casinos, that is.
No. There are some gaming providers that offer blackjack in demo mode. Use it wisely, though, as in our humble opinion, only the real money game of blackjack will teach you all the rules.
No. This is a game of luck, and no one can guarantee what cards you will receive. But you can enhance your chances of winning blackjack by using smart strategies and studying the game.
No. In most of Kenyan casinos, you can sit at the (virtual) table with just 50 KES – and sometimes even less – in your account. A real treat for those players looking for fun.
Yes. Among the card games, blackjack is by far the most popular because it gives players highest chances of winning. Nothing is 100%, though, so take precautions and bet smart.
Yes. If you sign up for a new account at a Kenyan casino online, you’ll receive a generous welcome bonus. But it is not always possible to wager it at card games, which is why our advice is to read the fine print – or our reviews.
Yest. The vast majority of online casinos have offered a great mobile version of their site, accessible from wherever there is internet. You might even test some of the best casino apps and see which one offers the best blackjack experience.
You will not know it for certain, at least not at the very beginning. But play often and you’ll soon get the gist of it – luck notwithstanding, of course.